Chabrier Espana 3rd, 4th Horn part

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

CHresident
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Chabrier Espana 3rd, 4th Horn part

Post by CHresident »

Hello. The full score in IMSLP has different parts to those for the Horns available for download. We are playing just movements 6-8.

For example five bars after letter B in movement 6 the 3rd and 4th horns answer the just-played notes from horns 1 and 2, then go on to play two more notes in the following bars. These bars are entirely absent from the parts available for download (Horns 3 and 4). There are many other instances.

I would like to find the matching horn parts. My first online search was unhelpful - can anyone point me in the right direction, or might have these parts available?

Many thanks.
horndude77
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Chabrier Espana 3rd, 4th Horn part

Post by horndude77 »

I'm a bit confused. España only has one movement. Did you mean a different piece? I don't see the discrepancy you're referring to. The locations you mention don't seem to match the score.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Could you please listen to the Complete Performance MP3 present on this work page and provide the time at which we hear this horn passage? Letter B is near the beginning of the horn part. To avoid confusion: http://imslp.org/wiki/Espa%C3%B1a_%28Ch ... mmanuel%29
CHresident

Post by CHresident »

Hello, I managed to lose my information for this forum. Which was not my only piece of incompetence - I wrote this without my music folder in front of me and gave you the wrong name - in fact I was aking about Bizet's Carmen Suite No 2 for Orchestra (noting that the full score has movements labelled from 1 onwards, and the 3/4 horn part is labelled 6 onwards).

At this point I will stop blundering around the china shop and withdraw this request with apologies for puzzling the kind folk who responded... I am extracting what I need from the full score instead.

Thank you and sorry again!