Oboe requests, and concert band works

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

oboeplayer23

Oboe requests, and concert band works

Post by oboeplayer23 »

Music that has Oboe as featured instrument would be great, also looking for score and parts to symphonie concertante Mozart for winds and orchestra kv 299b i think

also looking for concert band/wind ensemble works, i know there is a lot out there...thanks in advance

-oboeplayer
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

dme.mozarteum.at/You can get the Mozart from there, though read the user agreement.
aldona
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by aldona »

You can browse works by featured instrument, the following list of oboe works may be a start for you:

http://imslp.org/wiki/List_of_Compositi ... g_the_Oboe

These lists are created manually, so they are not going to be complete - anyone who sees a work which is not on a list is invited to add it. (far too much work for just the admins!)

There is also a list of works featuring the English horn.

Aldona
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
noise

Post by noise »

I would like to second the request for concert band scores. While I know many standards are still under copyright and may be for a long time, some early ones must be available. I would love to see the two Holst Suites for Military Band (Op. 28, Nos. 1&2) if possible, though I do not know when the earliest full scores came out. (They were composed in 1909 and 1911 respectively.)
noise

Post by noise »

Thanks for getting the Holst Suites up! It's great to see these band classics here.
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

I think the lists of scores on ismlp featering the oboe, english horn or bassoon are rather complete.
Works for military band are not included because they have more orchestral character.

Notenschreiber