Palestrina - Motettorum quatuor vocibus, liber secundus. [including 'Sicut Cervus', 'Super flumina babylonis']

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

mkempe
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Palestrina - Motettorum quatuor vocibus, liber secundus. [including 'Sicut Cervus', 'Super flumina babylonis']

Post by mkempe »

I was wondering if someone might be able to scan Palestrina's Motettorum quatuor vocibus, liber secundus, a collection of motets that includes 'Sicut cervus' and 'Super flumina babilonis'. It was printed in Venice in 1587 (RISM P733) and reprinted in 1588 (RISM P733a), 1596 (twice - RISM P734 and P735), and 1604 (RISM P736). As far as I can tell, there are copies in the British Library and in the national libraries of France and Spain. I would be happy to send you a book via Amazon or Amazon gift vouchers or something like that up to a reasonably small amount. If you can't scan the whole thing, I am primarily interested in 'Sicut cervus'.
Notenschreiber
active poster

Re: Palestrina - Motettorum quatuor vocibus, liber secundus. [including 'Sicut Cervus', 'Super flumina babylonis']

Post by Notenschreiber »

We do have these motets in a new edition here: http://imslp.org/wiki/Motecta_festorum_ ... rluigi_da)
(After clicking on this link, you will perhaps have to augment a bracket on the right hand side of the url).
mkempe

Re: Palestrina - Motettorum quatuor vocibus, liber secundus. [including 'Sicut Cervus', 'Super flumina babylonis']

Post by mkempe »

Yes, I know, thank you. I am interested in the original edition – 'Sicut cervus' is widely available in modern editions.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

replace ) with %29 when creating the link or use url...
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

does This or a similar page have the original edition? It’s under Collections, Palestrina

Edit: ok, those are the 5-voice motets book 2- a contents list of which should still be somewhere on the page (tch! :( ) - but ... - well, hopefully there's some collections page that has the 16th-century edition of the 4-voice motets book you're looking for.