Petzold's suite in g major

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Alex123456
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Petzold's suite in g major

Post by Alex123456 »

Hello,

Two of the most famous minuets, BWV Anh. 114 and BWV Anh. 115, are from a suite by Christian Petzold, the manuscript of which is probably in SLUB Dresden, in collection Mus.2354. Indeed, Mus.2354 contains many digitised works by Petzold, but I don't even see the suite listed there. I would be interested to contribute the manuscript and a typeset to IMSLP. And, possibly, a clavichord recording later.

Does anyone have any advice about dealing with libraries?

Thanks in advance! :-)
Notenschreiber
active poster

Re: Petzold's suite in g major

Post by Notenschreiber »

Alex123456
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Alex123456 »

Hello,

I'm actually looking for the full suite [de clavecin] by Petzold, not just the two minuets; the two minuets had been copied by Bach into the 2nd(?) Notebook for Anna Magdalena, which is indeed digitised. The other movements of the suite hadn't been copied by Bach and can be retrieved only from other sources. This article (German) by Prof. Hans-Joachim Schulze references Mus.2354 in SLUB Dresden as the source for the suite, but I can't find the suite listed there, neither in the SLUB search, neither in the RISM catalogue.

Does anyone know anything more about this? Or have experience with asking libraries to digitise manuscripts?

Thanks in advance! :-)
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

I looked inside the paper of Schulze, which you quoted above (p.7). The source of this suite is not in Dresden, but only in Berlin, compare https://www.bach-digital.de/receive/Bac ... e_00000603. Maybe you can order a copy at Berlin, Staatliches Institut für Musikforschung, Bibliothek.