Lassus 6 and 7 motets for three voices

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

adenteuling
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Lassus 6 and 7 motets for three voices

Post by adenteuling »

Dear sir (my usual contact is Carolus),
I contributed to the compositions of Lassus, Orlande de, a few months ago a collection of 6 motets for three voices or instruments, https://imslp.org/wiki/6_Motets_for_3_V ... rlande_de) . The same day I uploaded an intabulation of 7 pieces, https://imslp.org/wiki/7_motets_for_3_V ... rlande_de) . The last item has been rightly included under the head "Arrangements and transcriptions." However, in the index of all Lassus's works it is included in "Lassus as an arranger" as if he made it himself, the only one actually. Of course this is an error, as the arrangement is not by Lassus but by me. Besides, the relation between both these two versions has got lost. Can you please solve this error? It is preferable to put the two versions on the same page, for instance with the general title "6 (7) motets for three voices or instruments " But if it is impossible to place them on the same page, I can add a cross reference in both comments. For copyright reasons I had to leave out one of the motets for three voices, causing the difference in the two versions. Please tell me.
Arnold den Teuling, Assen Netherlands.
I am since March 2005 owner of a website named Ottaviano Petrucci, mostly containing renaissance music with transcriptions for keyboard instruments and Gregorian chant. The site is both in English and in Dutch.
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Lassus 6 and 7 motets for three voices

Post by Carolus »

Yes that is actually wrong. Lassus is not the arranger, you are. Both items are properly collections, though if all of the works in question actually appear in the monster collection issued in 1604, they really should go onto that page unless there is some compelling reason they need to stand as a unique collection.
adenteuling
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Lassus 6 and 7 motets for three voices

Post by adenteuling »

Do you intend te repair this, or is this not important enough to spend time?
I am since March 2005 owner of a website named Ottaviano Petrucci, mostly containing renaissance music with transcriptions for keyboard instruments and Gregorian chant. The site is both in English and in Dutch.