Air Russe Varie, Op.17 by Louise Farrenc

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Leonidas812
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Air Russe Varie, Op.17 by Louise Farrenc

Post by Leonidas812 »

Louise Farrenc is a talented composer who composed the beautiful variations on a Russian theme. Thank anyone who can find it in advance.
Notenschreiber
active poster

Re: Air Russe Varie, Op.17 by Louise Farrenc

Post by Notenschreiber »

You can find it here:
Band 2 Rondeau op. 9; Variationen (Onslow)op. 10; Variationen (Donizetti) op. 15; Air russevarié op. 17; Nocturne op. 49; Valse brillanteop. 51; Mélodie o.O.96 Seiten, Ganzleinen 98,—kartoniert 68,—ISMN 979-0-2019-7429-3
Noetzel Verlag, Germany
jossuk
active poster

Post by jossuk »

Theodore Presser has the Hildegard publication for $19.95, catalog # 490-01082.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Hrm. Unfortunately BSB and Gallica have other works by her but not these. It was first published by 1836 so it's in the public domain, and paying for it without a ****** good reason is something we've gotten too used to. (At least some modern editions are still actually critical.)

The French National Library has the autograph though I don't know how much it costs to "buy a copy"...

(Hrm. Neither Worldcat nor any other place I've searched just offhand turns up the 1836 Peters edition though, and BNF only has the autograph, not the printed copy. All that turns up in Worldcat are the modern republications, making them effectively the first publications unless one -can- find a copy of an earlier one, or goes by the autograph or makes one's own new edition based on the autograph (or someone here agrees to do it and perhaps shares it with the site...) But that really is too bad...)
glenn380

Post by glenn380 »

I might be interested in engraving this from the autograph, but, not having purchased an autograph from BNF for engraving and posting to IMSLP, is that considered non-commercial use? Especially by BNF?

Hoping someone has something close to an authoritative opinion so I can avoid that rabbit hole.