badly needin score for Chopin Nocturne in C sharp minor

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

danielsanbebe
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

badly needin score for Chopin Nocturne in C sharp minor

Post by danielsanbebe »

Hello peoples i just discovered this site, and cant but say it is amazing! I have seen more works here than ever in a library i have seen! Thanks for the amazing effort to the creators and contributors =)

Anyways, i was lookin for the score for Chopin´s Nocturne in C sharp Minor arranged for violin and piano, if anyone could inform me of its whereabouts. Id appreciate ur help :D

Nice day, and gratz to all, guys, for such an amazingly useful and rich website as this one!
"A man in the audience while the applause was taking place after Chopin played his Nocturne Op. 15 No. 3, talking to his companions, "hats off gentlemen; we are in front of a genious"".
ras1
active poster

Post by ras1 »

I assume you mean the Sarasate arrangement in D Major? That's from the Nocturne in D-Flat - I can't find one in minor....

Anyway, I don't have it myself, but if you're interested in spending money, they have it at Sheet Music Plus:

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/store/smp ... 1921241969
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

I have parts of these:
Op.9 No.2 in E
Op.15 No.2 in G
Op.32 No.1 inG
Op.37 No.1 f sharp

Plate S.6744,(2),(1),(3),(4)

Revision and transcription by Fr.Rehfeld 3(Nocturnes) and one by Wilhelmj

I don't have uploaded because I don't have the first page so I don't now which is the edition and if It's under copyrights.

Greetings

Carmar
danielsanbebe

Post by danielsanbebe »

ras1 wrote:I assume you mean the Sarasate arrangement in D Major? That's from the Nocturne in D-Flat - I can't find one in minor....

Anyway, I don't have it myself, but if you're interested in spending money, they have it at Sheet Music Plus:

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/store/smp ... 1921241969
well, actually, there is a nocturne in C sharp Minor... thats the one im talkin about. but thanks a lot for ur time =)
"A man in the audience while the applause was taking place after Chopin played his Nocturne Op. 15 No. 3, talking to his companions, "hats off gentlemen; we are in front of a genious"".
danielsanbebe

Post by danielsanbebe »

carmar1791 wrote:I have parts of these:
Op.9 No.2 in E
Op.15 No.2 in G
Op.32 No.1 inG
Op.37 No.1 f sharp

Plate S.6744,(2),(1),(3),(4)

Revision and transcription by Fr.Rehfeld 3(Nocturnes) and one by Wilhelmj

I don't have uploaded because I don't have the first page so I don't now which is the edition and if It's under copyrights.

Greetings

Carmar
wooo verily thou has an ample database of sheets! All the opus 15 are simply exquisite. thanks for the rep mister (i pressume) Carmar. =)
ras1
active poster

Post by ras1 »

Oops! I know that there is a c-sharp minor nocturne, but I couldn't find a violin arrangement of that one. Now, though, I see that there is an arrangement by Nathan Milstein. Since Milstein died in 1992, the arrangement is copyright.

Unless you can find another, older arrangement, you'll have to buy it. Preferably at this link, which supports IMSLP:

http://astore.amazon.com/intemusiscorl- ... 39-9084628
Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Lyle Neff »

Uh, unless I'm mistaken, anyone can make his/her own violin-and-piano transcription of this piece.

Just sayin'. :wink:
danielsanbebe

Post by danielsanbebe »

ras1 wrote:Oops! I know that there is a c-sharp minor nocturne, but I couldn't find a violin arrangement of that one. Now, though, I see that there is an arrangement by Nathan Milstein. Since Milstein died in 1992, the arrangement is copyright.

Unless you can find another, older arrangement, you'll have to buy it. Preferably at this link, which supports IMSLP:

http://astore.amazon.com/intemusiscorl- ... 39-9084628
Yeah, thats bad =( copyrights and more copyrights... i dont even know the basic regulations to determine what is and what isnt copyrighted, as u said of the material before 1992 (forgive me ignorance).
The thing about me is that im 13, and dont possess the inefable money power tee hee hee =(. Ty for reply again mister!
danielsanbebe

Post by danielsanbebe »

Lyle Neff wrote:Uh, unless I'm mistaken, anyone can make his/her own violin-and-piano transcription of this piece.

Just sayin'. :wink:
Well, yeah ur right! Its all about originality =) but then again, sometimes i just want to play it givin credit to the creator interpreting it as he "demanded" ^^.
Point greatly taken! Thanks!

P.S. Is there a way to "multiquote", so i dont need to write a new post for every quoted reply? i feel "geekish" doing so many posts :P