Christoph Nickelmann

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Trevor W
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Christoph Nickelmann

Post by Trevor W »

Sonata in G Minor, Op. 1 No. 1
Hi all been hunting around for the more obscure composers from the baroque period I heard this above piece. first look up was on IMSLP but they only have one of the harpsichord sonatas. after looking around in depth found out that there is only copies based at library. this is a problem for me as am disabled and unable to get out easy. also the library only allow access to these scores which or original by music students. so makes this hunting down of these sonatas in any form of print. asked shirmers, peters, etc no look.
so is there anybody out there that can help i always do prefer music in book form on the piano but if need I can print this out from pdf format is easiest.
to everybody am just a very average player struggle sometimes but enjoy it .
I am self taught had a great music teacher who helped me we was very fortunate to have a full size grand piano at our old school, it use to be transported to the to main music hall in our city for concerts. am 62 now and always enjoy the hours of playing the piano.
Many thanks to everybody and appreciate the help and imslp brilliant for sourcing rare material.
Trevor W
Notenschreiber
active poster

Re: Christoph Nickelmann

Post by Notenschreiber »

The name is Nichelmann, not Nickelmann.
coulonnus
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Christoph Nichelmann

Post by coulonnus »

Try Vol.11 of https://imslp.org/wiki/Le_tr%C3%A9sor_d ... _Aristide) p.78.

And please provide the library links where you located a copy.
Notenschreiber
active poster

Re: Christoph Nickelmann

Post by Notenschreiber »

Op.1 No.1 is not among the sonatas of the Farrenc edition, i think. You can buy it here: http://www.armelin.it/. Search for "Nichelmann". Choose MMA 085 Nichelmann Sonatas Vol.1. The first page of Sonata 1 and a midi file of Sonata 1 can be downloaded for free.