Any posts related to the categorization and standardization of IMSLP

Moderators: vinteuil, Davydov

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

wagenseil, 6 symphonies

Post by steltz »

Some of Wagenseil's sets of 6 symphonies are alphabetized under "S" (correctly), and some are under "6". I can't find a reason, nor can I work out how to get them all under "S".

The only difference I can see is that the ones under "6" are by "Various", with some of them by Wagenseil, but I can't see that this would make a difference to where they are alphabetized.

How do I get them all under "S"?

Thanks.

[edit] A similar problem with [[1er grand trio original op.139 (Oberthür, Charles)]]. Whether "1er" or written out "Premiere", this probably needs to go under G for Grand Trio?
bsteltz
imslp
Site Admin

Re: wagenseil, 6 symphonies

Post by imslp »

What you want is a sortkey; see http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Cate ... a_category For example, for Op.10 the sortkey might be "Symphonies, Op.10 (Various), 6" (moving the number to the end).

The reason you don't normally have to do this for work pages is because voodoo magic in the FTE template already moved the number to the end. You will, however, need to manually specify the sortkey if you manually include categories and you want it sorted differently.

P.S. I see the Oberthur pages have been renamed.
steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: wagenseil, 6 symphonies

Post by steltz »

Thanks for sorting that out -- I can see how it's done now and I've done the other two.
bsteltz