Bug in replacing files

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

carmar1791
active poster

Bug in replacing files

Post by carmar1791 »

When I replace a file many time the old one is not replaced.
On display there are all data of the new one but when I download I find the old one.
I'm replacing all Rolla files. Please tell me if i made I mistake or if it's a sistem bug.
Thank you
Carmar
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

Must the new file have the same name of the old one?

Now I'll try to replace file using the same name..

Greetings
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

What's the matter with these damn files?
Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Peter »

Hmm. You do follow the steps like described on the guideline? The destination filename should automatically be filled in, so you shouldn't change that.

I looked up for example http://imslp.org/wiki/3_Concertant_Duos ... lessandro).

The new version was succesfully uploaded (4 times !) and when I look at the file it seems like the logo has been removed.

So I assume it is a cache problem. Try to delete your browser cache before downloading the file again. Also remember that a new version will automatically be blocked until we review it again (which should not take very long). Let me know if it works.
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

It's not a cache problem because I clean always firefox before turn off my pc.
From the link you gave me i can download the old version.

I see this :

Separate Parts (Violin, Viola) - Manuscript
*IMSLP #18089 - 14.08MB - 45 pages - Scan Quality: No ratings yet - V/V/V

But when I download I get the old file of 6.55MB ...(with the round logo: XXXXXXXX )

:shock: :shock:

I replaced all Rolla files , today Hans Sitt Viola concert and concert pieces too, and always the same problem. I replaced with success the most part of rolla viola concertos.
It's strange because if files replacement work it should be work for all files.It's not so.I replaced all Duos by Rollas but untill now I get only the old version. I tried to download on other pc but the same problem so I think it's not a computer problem.(I see the new file but when dowload start I get the old one)

Suggestions: and if you would delete permanently from imslp the old files could it help?

Thank you

Ciao

Carmar
Last edited by carmar1791 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Peter »

You're completley right - I also get the 6.55 MB file while the new version is 14.08. This is beyond my control- Feldmahler will have to take a look at this problem.

EDIT: Strangely, downloading the second last version gives the correct file without watermarks (14MB), while downloading the last version apparently produces the first version. :shock:
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

I tried all possibilities :changing file name , restoring old version and reuploading...etc but nothing...I think the problem must be solved from inside....

Thank you for all

Carmar
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

I had the same problem today. After uploading a new version of Divertimento KV Anh.229 No2 (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart), Transcription for 2 Oboes and Bassoon, the new version was announced (one can see this by the right file size), but downloading the file as a test shows the former version.
Notenschreiber
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

Now It seem all work.

Thank you very much IMSLP (Feldmahler).
:D :D :D

Greetings

Carmar
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Hmm... this is an issue that should be noted on the upload file page.

All new version uploads may be held back for up to a day after copyright clearance before the new version is uploaded to the mirror server. Since all files passing copyright review is downloaded from the mirror server, this means that the old version will continue to be offered until the new version is uploaded to the mirror server.

Unfortunately, I cannot think of an easy way around this restriction without losing the mirror entirely (which leads to far worse problems).
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

I don't want to say that immediatly old files must be deleted,they could be deleted manualy by copyrigth reviewers, or in a second time when the new file is on mirror.....but it's only an etic (copyrigth) and practic (space) imslp problem ,because since the new files replace the older I think there is no problem.

Thank you again

Greetings

Carmar