IMSLP v0.3

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

imslp
Site Admin

IMSLP v0.3

Post by imslp »

Another IMSLP update dropped out of the tree last night :)

Changelog:
  1. [FEAT] As per collaboration with the Piano Society, both composer and work pages now have a section for recording links (use "|Recordings="). A final update will happen soon with the adding of interwiki links for the Piano Society (currently awaiting confirmation).
  2. [FEAT] Updated internationalization of special pages.
  3. [BUG] Merged single file submitters into multiple file submitters, so that I no longer see double, in preparation for the adding of several fields. Please report any bugs introduced by this move to the forums.
  4. [BUG] Various small bug fixes.
This will also be the last update of IMSLP before the move to Mediawiki 1.11, which should keep me busy for a while ;)
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

In spite of what I said about not updating anymore... there's a tiny update which we'll call v0.3.1 guess ;)
  1. [FEAT] Added pianosociety: interwiki link.
  2. [FEAT] Added Greek translations of work page templates; the loose text on the page will come later (have to restructure the code first).
Unfortunately, the first feature is not working correctly yet because of issues on the Piano Society side... but should soon :)
Funper
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Funper »

should there be links to composer pages at pianosociety or record pages? they only link to IMSLP composer pages... maybe they should link to pieces instead?
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

I believe they say they will link to the individual pages in the future :)
Funper
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Funper »

i won't touch it, their liszt page is messed up, bad.. without structure. and i once tried to post a recording which they didn't want to put up because i rendered it different from all others. however, i think that an "ambassador" should be appointed there to come to imslp and fix all their links.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Well... Jijumufu is sort of like the ambassador, since he was the one that did the initial diplomatic work, and now the linking of composer pages. And what did you mean by them fixing IMSLP links? They seem to work fine for me... Or do you just mean the initial linking process?
Funper
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Funper »

yes
jujimufu
active poster
notabot: 42

Post by jujimufu »

I linked all the composer pages, although we need to check pianosociety every once and a while.

Also, I was thinking that maybe we could have a link in the Submit File form that would go like "Submit Recording" and it would lead to a page which would explain the collaboration between pianosociety and imslp, and it would give instructions as of how to upload a recording on pianosociety and then link to it from IMSLP and vica-versa. On pianosociety too there could be a page that would explain how to upload a score to IMSLP (just by giving a direct link to the "Add Composer" page or something, or by giving a link to one of the submission guide/guidelines pages).

I guess linking to each individual work is going to take a while, although not too long, as, for example, only one link would be required for all of the Well-Temped Clavier, and not 24 links from both sides.

Moreover, there are some contemporary composers on pianosociety who have uploaded some recordings there, so I was thinking about contacting them and suggesting them to upload the scores to IMSLP.

Lastly, I'd gladly be an "ambassador" if you people think there is a need for one. I'll start linking the individual work pages to the work recordings on pianosociety and I will contact the pianosociety admin and ask him to do the same (it's pretty pointless to have 24 score links on the Well-Temped Clavier, all linking to the same page on IMSLP). I am willing to do the linking from the pianosociety side too, if he thinks he's not going to have too much time to do it.

I think that the pianosociety-imslp collaboration will greatly increase traffic on both sites and it will give a new dimension to IMSLP for its frequent visitors :)