Adding a collections page for Graupner's Cantata Chorales

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

rkram53
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Adding a collections page for Graupner's Cantata Chorales

Post by rkram53 »

I've been doing a lot of work typesetting, analyzing and creating virtual performances for Graupner's Homophonic Chorale settings in the Cantatas. I post these on the respective Cantata pages under an "Opening Chorale" heading, however I'm wondering if it would be a better idea to create a separate page for all of them so they can be viewed and analyzed as a group. And also this way there are not a lot of single movement pieces on the Cantata Score pages, which would be better for complete settings which I do from time to time as well. I also plan to write a monograph on this which would be best on its own page with all the movements it references.
Should I do this?

Thanks
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Adding a collections page for Graupner's Cantata Chorale

Post by Carolus »

It's a good idea - and easy enough to do. Just create a page in Graupner's category of "Cantata Chorales" and include the added field " |Page Type=Collection " in the "General Information" section. This can even be done when creating the page by inserting the pipe symbol and the following text into the "Librettist" field after a couple of spaces. That way, you can have those opening chorales all in one, easy to access place.